And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Blessed beyond measure

While the title should refer to the abundance of blessings we receive from the Lord (and He does bless us immensely!) this time of year it actually refers to all the stuff my kids get for Christmas!! We are overflowing in the Carter household! There are still packages that are unopened because I don't think we can fit one more thing in their room! They really like all the new toys, games, and movies. It was a joy this year to watch their excitement over each and every present!

I am looking forward to 2009 drawing to an end. I appreciate every moment that God grants me but it is nice to feel a fresh beginning coming. I am looking forward to all the new things that God has in store for us! While we pray and wait for His guidance and direction there are some things that we are looking forward to.
We weren't able to go on vacation anywhere this past year so any little trip anywhere in 2010 would be amazing!!!! Preferably somewhere warm with a beach if I'm picking! Also Kyle is REALLY wanting to go on a missions trip this year! What a wonderful husband I have! He has opportunity to go with a group to Uganda in August. He is very excited about this. I am going to try to put a paypal button on my blog in case anyone would like to help with the expense. Th first step will be getting his passport. I am homeschooling Annalyn in PreK right now. We are still praying but I think I will be homeschooling her for Kindergarten as well. What a wonderful adventure to be on with my precious daughter! The flexibility will be wonderful, we can spend lots of time on Bible teaching, and she can move at her own pace (which is set to high right now!). I know that no matter what things lie ahead of us in 2010 God will bless our every moment.

I miss my daddy, we miss Papaw Carter, and we sorely long for sweet angel Morgan, but we know that they are resting in peace. I pray that this will  be an easier year for my children. One filled with sunshine and rainbows! :)

Happy New Year to you all! Feel free to comment and tell me what your New Year will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!