And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Saturday, December 19, 2009

So this is Christmas......

Well almost anyway! My kids are definately gearing up for all the excitement! In fact they can barely contain themselves as the days draw closer and closer. My dinner party for tonight is temporarily postpones as one of the besties has piggy flu. So instead of today being a mad cooking. cleaning frenzy it has been a sit around and try to enjoy relaxing kind of day. Have I mentioned that I don't relax well? I have to be doing something. I am unable to just sit. I have too much going on in my mind to enjoy sitting.
Can any of you sit? If so please share your secret!

We are excited about Christmas although it will be a mad rush to go here, there, and yonder. As we travel we will be explaining more and more about the true meaning of Christmas to our kids. I love to read them the account in Luke 2. Even growing up in a home that didn't spend any time on Jesus, I can remember watching a Charlie Brown Christmas and getting chills when Linus began to recite "And there were shepards in the fields keeping watch over their flock..." Who can hear those words and deny the risen Saviour?

We actually get a lot of flack this time of year because we don't "do" Santa Claus. Our kids have seen "Santa" around obviously but we don't mince words to let them know that he is make believe. This has never bothered Annalyn in the least. In fact just the other day she let us know that Santas are creepy. I happen to agree that most of them are. Elijah on the other hand has developed quite an obsession with Santa this year! He gets so excited when he sees one! We did let him take a picture with the one that came to playschool. Mostly because he was YELLING at Santa. Don't get me wrong, if you chose that as a part of your Christmas tradition then I will not fault you in the least. As a child that was my favorite part of Christmas, but as I mentioned earlier I had not been introduced much to the real reason for the season.

I hope each of you has a very Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you had a blog. :)
    You're not alone on the Santa thing. I don't remember ever believing in Santa, my friend raises her kids knowing that Santa's just pretend and Jesus is the real thing, and we plan on being the same way with Addie. Why lie to our kids when we can have just as much fun without having to lie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you had a blog either! I actually had started one before but my few entries were a little dry so I erased them and started over!

    Yea we decided when A was born that it would be best not to lie but to tell her the real reason we celebrate. Like I said it has never really bothered her either way!

    We know lots of families that do it lots of different ways! Just have to do what works best for your clan.

    I look forward to reading more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!