And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

As one

I Cor 10: 17 Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all partake of the one loaf.

So I have this confession to make..... anytime I see mass dancing or a well time dance performance that involves lots of people, I tear up. Sometimes I don't just tear up, I cry and sob. Why is that? I am not someone who even cries at many movies (there are a few like "Marley and Me") so why cry at these dance sequences? Kinda crazy right? No! I realized that it isn't just because I like certain songs or because I like dancing. It is because God created us to be as one, to be in one accord. What better way to illustrate that then mass dancing like they did on Oprah to the Black Eye Peas song "I Gotta Feeling" (I am not endorsing Oprah or the Black Eye Peas)? Or all the wedding dance sequences or youtube? Or Pam & Jim's wedding on the Office (I do love the Office, guilty pleasure!)?

http://www.nbc.com/The_Office/video/clips/office-wedding-dance/1164915/

So it isn't silly. When we feel those heartstrings being pulled and our eyes well up, take a moment to consider what God is telling you. He can talk to us through things we'd never imagine. Annalyn asked me the other day what peace means. One of those out of left field questions that took me a minute to answer. My answer was this: no fighting, true love, feelings of joy and comfort, and it only comes from God in heaven. She was quite satisfied with my answer (there's a first time for everything) and away she went. I am so thankful for the peace God has given me.

On days like today when the kids won't nap, I have too many things on my list to do, the dishes are piled high and the laundry is over flowing, I stop and thank God that those are my biggest worries. I thank God that my children have the blessed life that they do. I thank God for every moment I have for them. I'm one of those people that could blame life and misfortune on my own childhood. I could turn to the things others in my past have turned to. THANK GOD, I don't. But for Jesus saving me, where would I be?

Take those moments of frustration, those moments of anxiety and remember that there are always things to give praise for. Are you healthy? Are you loved? Do you have food, water, electricity? Praise God! Be of one accord.

Matt 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!