And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Saturday, January 30, 2010

I Cor 16:13-14

I Cor. 16:13Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. 14Do everything in love.

Something I struggle with almost endlessly! I have strong beliefs that I feel like are grounded in good reason. Unfortunately I am not always the best at strongly stating those beliefs. I hedge, I go around, I try to make like it's no big deal, when really it is! Then when I can no longer hedge around, when I have to state my belief, I am either forceful and unloving about it or I am apologetic. I should not be that way. God has grounded foundations in me for a reason. They all come from His Word or from experiences that he has shown me.

I believe I am doing what God has called me to do. I was made to be a wife and mother. Not a part time wife or part time mother but a woman that sees this as her whole purpose. As a part of this, for our family right now, I feel God is calling me to homeschool. It isn't the decision I wanted to make, but I know God has purpose in calling me to it. And so I will!

We don't "do" the traditional Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny bits. Obviously our kids know these characters, but we have always let them know that these are fictional stories. I want our kids to have holidays and life grounded in Jesus Christ, not fictional ideas. This cause quite a bit of controversy with some family and friends but we have chosen to stand strong with our decision.

I don't drink alcohol. I have 2 reasons for this. One is that although there is much talk of wine in the bible, I don't  see that alcohol is necessary. Better safe than sorry. The other reason is that my dad died from injuries sustained in a DUI accident. He had been drinking and driving. A problem he struggled with his whole life and one I have no desire to struggle with. I saw enough to know.

We limit the exposure our children have. Why burden them with the things of this world like cussing, drinking, sexual activity, and other immoral behavior? It's certainly unnecessary. I get so offended when we are in public and grownups are around us cussing and speaking about subjects better left alone. My innocent kids don't need to hear that!

Those are just a few of the things I believe that tend to be surrounded by controversy. I am praying that God will help me to stand stronger in faith to share those beliefs with others in a loving way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!