And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

No worries, no stress, no anxiety

1 Pet. 5:10 And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.

This was my status on my FB yesterday and it got lots of response. I had listened to a message from Francis Chan yesterday and he discussed this verse for a few moments as part of it. Read it again and think about it. Hold it in your heart and consider it. Wow. God is amazing!!! He has called ME and YOU! He will make US strong, firm, and steadfast. Wow.

If He loves me that much, if He has known me before I was formed, if He knows the number of hairs on my head, then I have no need to be concerned. The God of the universe loves ME and YOU. What is there to worry me? What anxiety can be needed? What stress is necessary? NO NOT ONE!!!!!! I admit I worry. I am a mommy of 2 small kids. E has been sick since yesterday. When he was laying on the couch with his swollen sick eyes and a 101.8 fever, I was worried. BUT then my heart sang out to the Lord! I remembered my Father in heaven is watching us and His plan for us is AMAZING! I'm not sure that as a human I will ever be able to beat that intial fleshly response of worry, stress, anxiety, or fear. I am going to pray that I do, but if I don't I know that in the second instant I will remember that God called me and that in a little while He will restore me.

There are so many things in this world that could cause worry- sickness, financial burden, terrorism...... don't worry about them, don't let them make you lose sleep. GOD has got this! He will take care of you as long as you believe in Him and you believe in His son and the ultimate sacrifice that was made.

AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!