And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, January 11, 2010

What I enjoy.........

People. I love to have a house full of people and to hear all their laughter. My favorite room is the kitchen. There is nothing more comforting to than to have my table filled with people laughing and eating. I also enjoy cooking and so it goes hand in hand. There are so many times in this life to feel sadness, anytime that I can I love to laugh. That is one of the things that I love most about my sweet husband is that he can always make me laugh. I can be madder than a wet hen and all he has to do is say a couple of words and I will be laughing my head off.

Hot water. Our water was frozen overnite Saturday. It froze at about 11 that night and the next morning it was still frozen. No shower before church. Yuck! When we came home though our water worked fine. Thank God for his miracles and blessings because there were 2 other families from our church that had the same thing happen! When I got in the shower I almost cried. I have been blessed my whole life to have clean water, hot water whenever I have needed or wanted it. Thank you Lord for water.

Children. I love my own kids. They are the most amazing little people! They fill my heart and entertain me every moment of every day. I love to just look at them! I also find other people's children to be extrordinary! Working in the nursery with so many different kids and watching them as they grow and develop is just a wonderful blessing. Having them reach for me is the best feeling! God has made each of us so unique in our personality and appearance it just reminds me how vast and great He is! Cherish them and love them because they are indeed precious!

Friendship. I know I already said people but I think friendship is a whole other catergorey. I love my friends and I don't wanna brag too much but I have the greatest ones! I have a wonderful diverse group of people that I love and that I know love me. Pastor preached yesterday morning on community and boy do we have it! Kyle and I have terrific community of friends in our community (lovingly referred to as the besties!) and we have an outstanding community within our church. Our Sunday School class is the most unusual one I have ever seen. Unusual in a great way! We celebrate with each other, comfort one another, and most of all are honest with each other. The only way to build a great relationship is to put yourself out there! Holding it all in for fear of getting hurt will only leave you lonely.

I pray for you today that you have people, hot water, glorious kids, and FRIENDS surrounding you!

And now I have the song in my head "Friends are friends forever, if the Lord is the lord is them. And a friend will not say never for the welcome never ends....."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!