And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, January 4, 2010

Why is it sooo cold???

Brrrrr!!! I love my old house (built in 1945) but I could sure use some windows built in 2010!!!! My house has tons of character but it also has tons of drafts!! As I sit complaining I am instantly reminded of recent blogs I've read of missionaries in other places that are GRATEFUL when they have electricity for a few hours. Lord thank you for your faithfulness to my family! Lord thank you for my heat, my warm clothes, my blankets, and my hot meals! Lord how great are those blessings you so freely give me!

I have made some New Years resolutions. I know I can start anew anytime but I am a tradition based southern girl at heart and some things I feel compelled to do! My number one goal is to be healthier and to help my family be healthier. We have drastically revamped our menus. Annalyn and I have done nutrtion lessons the last 2 days. I of course seriously need to lose some weight in the process but more importantly I have to watch my health for the sake of my family and I have to give them lifelong lessons about making the right choices. Also they need to know that food should not be a crutch. All I need to lean on is Jesus, not a chocolate bar and a latte! Why is it that we use food for comfort? And why is it so much worse in Western culture?

My other goal encompasses many things but is simply to strive for quality and not quantity. By this I want to live my life. My relationship with Jesus, my husband, my kids, my family and friends should all be based on quality. My prayer life should be based on quality. My food choices should be based on quality. My activities should be based on quality. My money has been about quality for over a year now and will continue to be so unless it starts to fall from the shy!! :)

I am encouraged that 2010 will be better than 2009. I strive to make it better. I am a firm believer in the words of Jesus  "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

I pray the Lord blesses you in this New Year. I pray you seek quality time with Him and a quality relationship with Him. I pray that I have a higher quality relationship with you! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!