And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Best Laid Plans.....

Ugh. Frustrating morning. I had some really fun activites set out for the kiddos to do. We are all tired of the very cold weather and snow showers. We need some sunshine! So rather than do our normal pile of worksheets, I thought we'd do some great Valentine's activities and such. Just didn't all go the way I had hoped. The kids were a little too stir crazy to even fully enjoy those. We did make some super cute Valentine's crafts we saw on http://amommysadventures.blogspot.com/2010/02/little-miss-valentine.html. Both of the kids had a great time making these! We used google eyes and they drew on mouths. We read 2 Valentine's stories from our Childcraft Holidays and Birthdays encyclopedia. And alas A wasn't handling things so well at one point and so she received a few worksheets to work on to help her refocus. Then I wanted her to write her name on her Valentine's cards and that was a task as well. Ahhh some things become so much harder than they have to be.

Of course I had several phone calls that needed to be taken care of during all of it. I enjoyed my calls and they were necessary but it's hard to keep kids in line and talk on the phone! Anyway the fun and flexibility of homeschool is that there is always other time to make it up. Wasn't much anyhow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!