And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Homeschool Hop #3- Why?

I want to try the Homeschool Hop http://ourworldwideclassroom.blogspot.com/search/label/Homeschool%20Hop/ and this week's theme is Why?

We actually have several reasons. I resisted homeschool. Didn't want to do it, didn't see a reason to do it, no, no, no. Well God ALWAYS let us know when His path is different than ours!

My oldest child, A, is almost 5. She is advanced for her age (I am partial because I am her mommy but we have had this confirmed! :). We sent her this past fall to public school PreK and it was not a positive experience for us. She was bored, she was misbehaving, and she was presented with lots of things that we were not prepared for her to be exposed to. Very quickly we realized that this was not going to work out, so we pulled her after less than 3 months.

I began by not being sure where we would go and what we would do and some days I still don't know. I do know that for now and for Kindergarten in the fall. We will be homeschooling. It has been a fun, positive experience for us so far! I get more excited every single week. There is nothing that can compare to her learning at her level (which is warp speed!). She is an extremely social child by nature and we attend an AMAZING church where she has tons of interaction on Sundays, Wednesdays, and lots of playdates in between! I would recommend anyone who is unsure if they can or are able to homeschool, to just try it!



MckLinky Blog Hop

4 comments:

  1. I found you through the blog hop. Nice to 'meet you.' It sounds like your daughter is lucky to have you as her teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best ofluck with your homeschooling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I'm a little late. I caught your blog through the blog hop! :) Nice to "meet" you and I'm glad that you are enjoying hoemschooling. Our stories are pretty similar.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!