And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, February 1, 2010

One of those funny days......

To start my verse for today is Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.


So the snow and ice is still lingering for the most part. The kids didn't even ask to play in it today.  I think they had enough over the weekend. However since we couldn't run errands or do some of our other typical activities, we had lots of homeschool time this morning. We read about Groundhog Day and did a coloring sheet, reviewed our phonics and numbers flashcards, did some review worksheets, read a BOB book, and reviewed the first two states. In between all of that we started our character studies and learned a new memory verse.......

I found these great character builders at homeschoolhelperonline.com. I was so excited because there are several different ones and they have bible verses, questions, and other ideas to help you present these character traits. I had jotted down some notes on the first few I thought I would like to do. I decided after glancing at my notes that I would cover modesty today. Let me just say this was not as easy as I thought it would be! A has this amazing way of looking at things from a totally different angle. Before I could ever get started well she asked me (for at least the millionth time) why Daddy and E don't have to wear a shirt to bed. Let's just say that A has had a yearning to be naked since the day she was born and it bothers her to no end that I make her keep clothes on all the time! So I bumbled my way past that. I thought she was really starting to grasp the concept of modesty, then I read the verses. They were great verses but they both mention hair and jewelry. She about flipped out of the chair "I can't have braids or wear any jewelry. WHY NOT?????" I'm going no, no, no, no that isn't what it says. Whew. I tried to talk all of it through with her the best I could, then I gave up.


Next was her memory verse. Commandment 7 "You shall not commit adultery." Groan, why me???? So we had a short lesson that went something like this: That means when you get married you should be faithful to your husband. Huh? You should only treat your husband like your husband. What? What would you think if you saw mommy kiss a man besides daddy? Oh yuck! Exactly, only kiss your husband.

I should really spend more time reviewing the material before I present it to her.......

1 comment:

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!