And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Homeschool Hop #5

What's your style?

Hmmm I am so new to homeschooling that I am not sure I have a style yet. After reading a few other blogs I would say that for now we are led by the kids and the direction they want to go. However I do like flashcards and worksheets so we add those in as necessary for A. Also I have raved and raved about our Hooked on Phonics and it is a must. Granted she is LOVING it so she doesn't see it as a chore. Every week I feel like I know a little more and I am little more prepared. I am going to start a Workbox system soon.

We are just doing what works for us right now and learning lots about God and His word in the process and that's all we need! :)


MckLinky Blog Hop

5 comments:

  1. That is what it is all about! You will find the perfect fit for all of you! Sometimes it comes with a bit of trial and error but it does come together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. That is indeed all that you need. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to see how you go with the workboxes, thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMEN!! God is all we need!! Have fun finding your children's learning style and your teaching style! I use Sue Patrick's Workbox System with our A Beka curriculum...but of course you can use any kind of curriculum...that's why I like the workbox system! Many Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thinking about starting workboxes, too. We tried the HOP, but too early I think. We might try it again in the future.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!