And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Thursday, March 25, 2010

stART- My Lucky Day

A Mommy's Adventures for hosting this each week!

It's Thursday and time again for our stART project of the week! Thanks again to



Today A and I read "My Lucky Day" by Keiko Kasza. This is a cute story with a surprise ending about a fox and a piglet! We received this book, along with many others, from Dolly Parton's Imagination Library. This is a free program for children in the state of TN under the age of 5. The kids receive a free book each month. If you live in TN, stop by your local library for an application. I understand there are similar projects in other states. I would google "Imagination Library" to see if your state has one!

A finds this story quite humorous! I asked her to draw a picture of her favorite meal to go along with the story. This is what she did:


I didn't catch her before she folded it up, but this is a picture of her breakfast cereal on the table, she is sitting in her chair and the sun is shining because it is a beautiful morning!

3 comments:

  1. What a great picture...I love the book program your state has too!!

    Thank you for linking up to stART :0)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!