And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Terrific Tuesday

It has been a fun morning! E is sickly so he was not able to attend playschool this morning. Since the fever began last night, I was able to have a few activities ready for him this morning.

We tried our first file folder game! This was mostly for E but A participated as well. We gathered resources from http://www.christianpreschoolprintables.com/, http://www.dltk-bible.com/, and http://www.homeschoolhelperonline.com/ to make a Noah's Ark folder complete with a matching animals game, a mini book, and a rainbow coloring page! This was fun for both kids to hear the story and color. E really enjoyed the game once he understood the point.

A spent time reviewing her HonP lesson from yesterday and rereading the first 2 books. We are still really pleased with this product! The material is clear and concise and the set up really allows for as much practice as you want to incorporate!

She also spent some time this morning tracing her color words and reviewing them as we worked on the rainbow for our Noah's Ark file folder. We reviewed o'clock and thirty times with our flashcards too. We talked about the first 8 commandments again and began working on the ninth one "You shall not bear false witness." We also reviewed the first 5 states and began on number 6 Massachusetts. Her favorite worksheet of this morning was one I found at www.about.com/homeschooling where she was able to write in her birthday and that she will be turning 5! She is so thrilled that it is finally March!

Because today was the birthdate of Dr. Seuss, we read "The Lorax" and did a special art project.

Truffula Trees!!!!

The kids both enjoyed these! We will probably be doing more Seuss related activities through the week as we have many of his books!

E also took some time to play with the Jenga blocks and to do some color sorting. He is getting the hang of this a little more each time.



All in all it was a wornderful morning. Now everyone is quietly enjoying lunch and a movie (a special treat for sick days.)

Yesterday was PE and socialization when we enjoyed an open gym time with friends and then lunch at the playplace! :) We will all be thrilled when the weather is warm enough to do a couple of days a week of PE in the park!

4 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! We just finished up a week long Noah's ark Study.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just hopping on over to say hi through the homeschool hop. Oh I love your truffula trees. I wish I had that book. We used to have it where I worked. I keep forgetting it is Dr. Seuss's birthday. I was going to do something with the girls to commemorate it. I guess we can read some books after dinner. Just realized I could do Noah's Ark related activities to go with our Rr lesson because we are making a rainbow anyhow. Thanks for the links for the activities you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stayed around from the homeschool hop. I enjoyed your site. I hope your son gets feeling better soon. I love your folder activity! I look forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, thanks for the resources!I'm starting to think we should have started with Noah bible study first, and Moses bible study later. I'm having a hard time finding Moses activities and/or thinking of them, but I have seen tons of great resources and activities for Noah. I love you guy's file folder! We are missing the park too and cannot wait for sunnier days.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!