And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Catching up.....

Well we have had to postpone our camping trip 2 times due to severe weather. The kids have really been looking forward to it! I hated having to disappoint them and tell them it was postponed again. We have pushed it out several weeks, so maybe we will have better weather then!

Playschool is winding up for E. Only 2 weeks left and then it's officially summer time! We are going to be spending a lot more time working on his colors. He pretty much has 3 of them down but honestly he just doesn't care. I think I spent much more time and was more deliberate teaching A her colors, shapes, letters, and numbers. I am going to spend the next couple of months focusing on some teaching time with him so that he isn't behind when he joins the 3 and 4 yr old class in the fall.

A is currently interested in all things pretty. Still very ingrained in the dress ever day all day long and jewelry (lots of it)! She also is enamored with all the flowers (read weeds growing in our yard). This isn't really new. It has just returned with spring. She had her own special flower bed around a light in our yard last year. One of the flowers came back and this afternoon I bought her a few more to plant. Of course we will have to wait until the monsoon is over to plant them! I hope our veggie garden survives all the rain.

I also purchased a new hummingbird fever this afternoon. We have had one in the yard every year but last year. Our old one had broken and I didn't replace it. I'm excited to make some nectar and get it out in the yard! I know the kiddos will love seeing the little birdies zip around!

We did a few Earth Day activities last week and this. It was great to find so many free resources on the web to use with the kids! Speaking of deals, I found some great ones at Dollar Tree today. They have lots of VBS supplies out right now, so I was able to get some great stickers, cutouts, and corkboard decorations!

I also got a couple of great charts. We tried a chore chart with A once before without much success. I am determined to start anew. I think showing responsibility to our children is important. It is a building block for their future!

Sorry nothing too exciting to report! Enjoy your weekend!

The St Louis Arch (we were there last month!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!