And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I love activities that are free!

Ok so a week or two ago I saw a post on someone's blog (sorry I can't remember who's!) that had come up with a little game about following directions for their preschooler. I had all intentions of printing it out so I could play it with E but I forgot to do it and then couldn't remember where I saw it. Ooops! So I came up with our own version this morning. No printing required! I took an old Oatmeal container (the tall cylinder kind) and pulled out our colored Jenga blocks (red, yellow, & blue). E still doesn't know many colors. Honestly he just doesn't seem to care about colors at all. So anyways while A was working on some worksheets, I gave him instructions. Drop 2 yellow blocks in, drop 1 blue block in, drop 3 red blocks in. He really enjoyed it, it was free, super easy, and it was reinforcement for following directions, colors, and counting! Success!!

A is zooming through Hooked on Phonics Kindergarten Level 2. She is really excelling at it! Lots of little books she can read now. She knows most 3 letter words, lots of "helper" words, and most of her color words. A friend of mine (hey Kim!) recommended a fun road trip game before our vacation. She said to write out addition problems, then let A work them using little stickers. I thought that sounded great and would keep her busy on the long ride. Well lol I should have known. In the middle of the second problem, A said "This takes too long, I will just use my fingers." She was done in a matter of minutes. Well you win some, you lose some.

We are gearing up for summer:basketball camp, VBS, family parties, camping (this isn't working out so well for us yet but we still have hope!). I also hope for at least one visit to the zoo and to a children's museum. I am also hoping to take the kids to St. Louis and maybe one other small trip while Kyle is in Uganda.

He had a meeting with the team yesterday! They are all getting so excited! There is still a lot of money left to raise and they will all need pocket money when they travel! Don't forget if you'd like to donate you can click on our paypal link, go through VisitingOrphans.com, buy some coffee at our Just Love Coffee link, or buy a diaper wreath if you are local!!!!!



“But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.”- James 3:17-18

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!