And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Why? Oh why?

How is it that a 5 minute conversation on the phone with a good friend leads to 30 minutes of clean up time? Why in that 5 minutes do my children feel some primal need to seek & destroy? After 5 years of being a mommy shouldn't I be accustomed to this chaos???

I had set aside some styrofoam rectangles that came out of a packed box. I thought they would make a great house if we used some toothpicks. My lovely children have ignored these for weeks. They were in a stack in our homeschool area. Somehow they discovered our new kitty, Hippy, could scratch this to make "snow". Hence snow all in my daughter's hair and all over the hall, living room, and their bedroom. My son for the millioneth time decided he should play in water and got a bowlful and promptly spilled it all over his bedroom floor and all the dirty clothes that were lying there. My daughter evidently got bored with the snow and pulled out everything in her bathroom drawer, hairbows, jewelry, etc.

Perhaps I was on the phone a little bit longer than 5 minutes but good grief! I threatened to enact a new rule where everytime I am on the phone they have to go sit in the hall with their hands in their lap. Somehow I don't see myself remembering to enforce this rule!

Somedays you just have to laugh & keep going! :)

1 comment:

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!