And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

Daddy wish I could have called you today to tell you I love you,

Wish my kids could have yelled "Happy Father's Day Grandpa Eddie!"

Wish I could mail you their beautiful new portraits,

Wish I could have bought you a new Daddy O tshirt

Wish I could laugh with you over something silly

Wish I could have made you some peanut butter fudge,

I hope you know how much I miss you.

Save a place for me in heaven above!

1 comment:

  1. oh, Edie. This made me cry! I am so sorry that this has been such a difficult Father's Day for you. I know this doesn't make it better, but what I see in your writings is an amazing love between you and him filled with many memories. Those will not leave you. I'm thankful that you were blessed to have him in your life for as long as he was!!! I wish I could have met him, he sounds so nice :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!