And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Feeling productive....

I just registered A for homeschool in the fall! Since this is our first official year, this is a big step! I feel relief from getting it done! I have one more major curriculum item left to purchase but it is picked out. Since we haven't really stopped through the summer (we've been taking it easy though) this is just another part of the seamless transition into really real kindergarten with all 1st grade curriculum! I find it all very humorous!

I have had the opportunity to talk with 2 other families in my area that are treading water, thinking of homeschooling! It feels really great that in just about 8 months I have gone from nervous and hesitant about even trying homeschooling to shouting it's joys from the rooftops! A herself has gone from asking when she will go back to school (because some of her friends go) to loving it homeschool and asking to never go to "regular school". Our local school system has many challenges and they only seem to be getting worse. I am glad that my daughter (and eventually my son) will not have their education impacted by school changes, building changes, principal changes, zone changes, etc.

This verse has come up twice already today so I will share it with you!

“but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”- Isaiah 40:31

1 comment:

  1. It's so cool to see you get so excited about homeschooling! Your children will forever thank you for giving them a great start to their education!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!