And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, June 21, 2010

Raising Homemakers- you have to check it out!

Raising Homemakers

Let me encourage you to check out the blog "Raising Homemakers." I stumbled upon it right at the beginning through Facebook and it is wonderful! If you have daughter, you really should look at it. The blog gives tips, resources, and encouragement for raising your daughters in a Godly fashion emphasizing family and home life.

Today's post really struck a cord (most of them have for different reasons!) because I was raised in a home where both parents worked. My parents later divorced and so I was in a home where my mom worked all the time! As I grew up I really only knew one homemaker, my best friend's mom. At first I thought of her role as silly, I wondered why she did not work. Later I really respected and loved that she was available to come to school functions, pick us up and take us places, and make us an afternoon snack. She did not homeschool her children but she schooled me on being an available parent.

While I was in high school and later college, I realized that my dream was only to raise children and have a happy family. While I did not yet know much about Jesus and the bible (although I spent some time in church settings), I wanted my family to have a different life than the one I was leading. I always thought it was just a silly dream though. I never thought in this day and time that it could happen. However when my hubby and I first started dating, I shared that dream with him. We were not living our lives for the Lord at the time but Kyle always remembered that dream of mine.

God came into our lives and later through prayer and changes to our lifestyle, God granted my dream! Even in that I did not even consider homeschooling until last year. Needless to say I mostly feel as though I am bumbling along just doing the best I can! As the writer reveals in the blog above, good thing it is not in our ability but the Lord's!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!