And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Big Truths for Little Kids




Blogging has been slow lately. We have had some family in town this past week that we only get to see one time a year. A special post will follow about that visit later in the week. For today I just wanted to give you a recommendation! I had this book recommended to me several times before I got around to purchasing it. I am really glad I finally picked it up (actually got it on ebay for $1)!

We are only on story #5 but my kids LOVE this book! Each story begins with a couple of questions, then there is a short story, then questions specifically about the story, then a verse to pray over. Now the book goes along with the catechism. We haven't read the whole book so I am not sure that we will fully agree with everything in it (had one friend tell us he felt there was a doctrinal issue or two). I can tell you for certain though that this book has my 5 yr old talking it out, asking questions, and it is giving her many practical life examples of showing Jesus to others. She asks for it every night without fail and she is spending time during the day leafing through it, looking at the pictures and such.

If you don't have it, I would recommend you get it or see if you can at least find a copy to leaf through. The same authors also have an ABC book out for even younger kids.

*Disclaimer- I have not been solicited or paid for this recommendation

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!