And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

This, that, and the other.....

Working on a little planning for the school year. I have set out our school year calendar and now I am working on loosely setting plans & goals. It is exciting! My hubby is getting excited for us as well! My children have done great throughout the summer! One more week and they are finished with the Summer Reading program at the local library. They have been so excited to go in eveyr week to claim their prizes. This is a great tool to keep them excited about reading!

We had a wonderful weekend for the 4th of July with a few tense moments. First the fun! We went to a wonderful party with our lovely Sunday School class friends. Great grilled food & potluck dinner for all! Then afterwards some of the menfolk pulled out some fireworks! The kids were SO SO SO excited. This was really their first up close experience with fireworks. They had sparklers, poppers, pop rocks, mini roman candles, etc. Then the big boys fired up some big, beautiful fireworks! Some of the best I have seen! Such a wonderful experience made all the better because we shared it with wonderful friends. The next day we had a 4th/ birthday party at my aunt's home. It was my little cousin Cambri's 2nd birthday! We swam, had BBQ, & had a little party! My mini me cousin had gotten engaged the night before so we were able to ohhh & awe over her gorgeous rock!

The tense moment involved my grandma. She is not in good health and we were called to her local hospital (about 2 and a half hours away from us) on Friday night. She had another heart attack and her bp bottomed out. By the time we arrived things were not as intense and we were able to have a good visit with her. My kiddos were upset because they weren't allowed back since she was in ICU. Also we had not been able to get there until the 9 pm visitation and then we came straight back home so it was 2 AM when we got back! We were tired to say the least! However my granddaddy was very happy that we came and so was grandma so it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!