And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Schooling Update

We are well into week 4 of our official homeschooling year. It has been going really well! I have started Speedy on a letter of the week curriculum. I have found great resources on my favorite blogs and by googling different things I have been looking for. He is learning so much already! This feels like a huge success for me because he has been largely uninterested in any type of learning until recently.

Apple is doing so excellent! I think the time we spent schooling last fall and spring really has paid off! She understands that school time is a special time and she is really enjoying it! She is zooming right along in her HOP 1st grade. I have really been incorporating their free online worksheets this time around. There are fun activities for each unit and lesson. I have really tried to round out our studies beyond just phonics and math. She spends time each week on phonics, math, handwriting, social studies, science, geography, art, music, and pe.

She also began soccer for the first time recently. No games yet, but she has had several practices and two minicamps. She is still getting the hang of it but I am so proud of her for playing even in the EXTREME heat we were having. Praise the Lord it is cooler this week and we have really tried to enjoy it!

Apple is also so excited because at church she moved up into the Daisies class! She has 2 great teachers and a class of little girls that she has known for some time and is good friends with each of them!

I found 2 great websites this morning I will share with you. They are both handwriting resources. Apple needs more practice added into her regular activities.

http://www.handwritingworksheets.com/
http://www.handwritingforkids.com/handwrite/manuscript/alphabets/index.htm

How is your school year going so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!