And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving

What a rush of emotions holidays always bring! We had an amazing day Thursday with all my inlaws. Our trip to Mississippi was a fast but fun and family filled one! However I couldn't help but miss Kyle's Papaw who wasn't with us. It seemed like there was a hole that he should have filled.

Then there was the amazing shopping on Friday but I found that I wasn't as friendly as I normally am. I was tired and overwhelmed I think. I got all the deals I wanted and for the first time really took advantage of some online shopping mixed with some in store shopping.

Two years ago...... two years ago the weekend before Thanksgiving was the last "normal" time I spent with my daddy. I made a huge Thanksgiving feast for my grandparents, daddy, and my hubby and kids. We ate and laughed and visited that weekend. Things were clouded though because my husband had been laid off from his job right before we left for that trip. In fact we started not to go but I am so so glad we did. A few days later my dad had a wreck and things were never the same. He spent 7 months in the hospital and a full care facility before he left this world. I miss him so.... His mom, my grandma, left us in April. Tomorrow would have been her and my grandaddy's anniversary.

So while today with my family was wonderful, full of laughter and all our favorite foods, I miss those that aren't with us anymore. I treasure even more those that are still here. My heart yearns for friends that have moved and aches for those leaving soon. I pray with fervor for those that are not following God, not listening to His words and commands. Don't push Him aside, please don't think there is plenty of time to take care of it all later. We aren't promised a minute more.

I am thankful for God's grace and mercy, for His gentle direction, for all the LOVE He gives me and all the LOVE He surrounds me with. I am thankful for each of you. As my family moves forward we are seeking everyday to live for Him and I pray you are too.

“Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.” - Colossians 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!