And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Purposeful

Proverbs 19:21 Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails.



So I looked back at my post last new year's and my resolutions (see my post from Jan 4). One was to be healthier. I sort of stuck to that! I was very diligent about my diet the first few months of last year. Then the diet fell to the wayside but I did begin exercising and I followed through on that the rest of the year. One of my resolutions this year is to continue the exercise and GO BACK to the diet. I don't mean diet like only to lose weight, I mean like healthier eating, lower calories, more all natural (and I will lose weight in the process).

My other resolution was to bring more quality into our lives. To seek quality in all things. I think I did much better on that this past year as well. Not always but in the things I was striving to work on.

So this year my key word is going to be PURPOSEFUL. This word has come up again and again in Sunday School, church service, personal reading, etc. Meaning just to be purposeful in all things. Not my plans but purposeful in using our lives to serve the Lord. I very easily fall into patterns of wasting time playing on the computer, watching TV, reading, etc. This year I want to be purposeful in my time. I have joined Read the Bible in 90 Days. Reading is an awesome activity and I will continue to read this year but I want to be purposeful and read the Bible cover to cover in its entirety and I want to read more Christian books (not novels).

I was so impressed with my kids and the amazing way they behaved this Christmas. I know in my heart that all the extra bible reading we did for our Jesse Tree made a big difference. We will be doing more family bible time. We read Big Truths for Little Kids with them this past year. We may do it again. They both received age appropriate devotions in their stocking so we will go through those.

I have been busy as a bee planning Apple's homeschooling for this semester. I feel more purposeful by having it all laid out and ready to go. Now the time I would spend the night before, I can read the bible or do more purposeful activities.

Will we completely cease watching TV? I don't think so. Will we do more activities that praise the Lord? Yes. That's the plan.

We have discussed having more other families over for meals, spending time studying missionaries in other places, praying as a family for those requests we here. I'm even thinking of starting a prayer board in a place the kids can see it to help us all remember all those requests we here throughout the week.

Tell me what your New Year's resolutions are...... If you make them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!