And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ahhh Christmas Vacation is OVER

Our school resumed yesterday. Wow. Apple was not pleased! She took FOR. EV. ER. to do a subtraction worksheet. She tends to be extremely strong willed so when she digs in her heels, I have to as well. We have tried many other methods and it works best for us to endure until she finishes. Needless to say our school time was much longer than usual yesterday. However prior to the neverending mathcapade, she again AMAZED me with her reading skills! I posted a video of her on my FB page but can't figure out how to post video here. Anyhow she received a new devotional in her stocking and she picked it up for the first time yesterday as her Bible lesson and she read the whole page! Woohoo! And it wasn't all easy words either. She was reading wedding, bride, princess (she's known that one awhile), and all kinds of words I haven't heard her read before! Again KUDOS to HOOKED ON PHONICS! It has definately worked for her!

Today was a better day. We were able to get through all the material with little gnashing of teeth. I sat down over our break and loosely planned this semester. I assigned certain things to certain days but mostly I just gave us some goals to meet each week. I still have to sit down the night before or morning of and pull out the worksheets for that day (we use a lot of worksheets :) but it only takes few minutes!

Speedy went back to playschool today. He was excited to play on the playground and see all his buddies there. We have decided that this is his last year there so it was bittersweet to take him today. He will go until May and then he will be finished.

Have seen that there just aren't anymore homeschool programs here but the one. That is just insane to me since our city and county have a LARGE percentage of homeschoolers. I think that the success of the local private schools has probably cut down on the number of homeschool operations. I am planning to continue talking to other homeschoolers in the area to see what we can do about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!