And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Review: The Beginning Reader's Bible



The mailman delivered a BIG Bible to my house today! The Beginning Reader's Bible is terrific! It is HUGE (which equals interesting to my kids), it has amazing illustrations, and it is FULL of ACTUAL Bible verses. I have said many times that I wish kids Bibles would use real verses. Well this one is made entirely of verses in the International Children's Bible version.

Apple grabbed this right up and flipped to her favorite Bible passages- the story of Joseph and his brothers. She sat down and read the whole version (shortened) to me. She liked that she could read it herself, the pictures, the suggested prayer, and she loved the red ribbon to help her keep her place!

There is a terrific resource section in the back with things like songs, memory verses, a reading checklist, and the Ten Commandments. With over 180 pages, every child will find something they like! Since I mentioned pages, that is the one flaw that I see (actually a friend pointed it out!). There is a table of contents with page numbers, but the book itself does not have the pages numbered! Clearly an oversight. The illustrations make up for that one small mistake though! Younger children could benefit just from examining all the details of the stories drawn to life.

So if you are looking for a great BIG children's bible for your child, check this one out! It will last a long time from just looking at the pictures, to having the story read to them, to reading the stories themselves.

For more:

The Beginner's Bible


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. My review is my opinion and not influenced by the publisher or company that sent me the book.

5 comments:

  1. What a neat little Bible!! I love all of the stuff in the back of it! :) Anywhooo...I'm a new follower from the blog hops! I'd love for you to come visit my blog at http://www.kortneyskrazylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there fellow Booksneezer. Thanks for stopping by. My kids are loving this Bible. It's so kid friendly. You know what I didn't even notice the page numbers were not on the pages. Thanks for pointing that out. Now you know I can't wait to get home and check it out and say "Hubby look". LOL!

    I love reviewing Booksneeze and Thomas Nelson and this was one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that it has actual verses in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from the blog hop. Glad I found you!
    Nancy
    http://discoverdirectselling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! New follower here from Friday Blog Hop. Cute blog and thanks for sharing! That Bible sounds perfect for my little man. Drop by and see me if you get the chance.

    Kimberley
    http://davisdailydose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!