And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Couponing Tips

By request here are some couponing tips if you are just getting started or want to improve your coupon savy!

By far the best coupons and deals are still found in the old reliable Sunday paper. I use sites like Sunday Coupon Preview to know how many inserts to expect in the paper. Most weeks I now buy 2-3 Sunday papers. In order to take advantage of some of the best specials, you need at least 2 copies of the coupon.

Also the Sunday paper is where you will find your Walgreens ad. The drug stores have some of the best stockpiling deals! Unfortunately the only one in my area is Walgreens, so those are the only specials I will post. Check out sites like Hip2Save for Rite Aid and CVS specials. Also Walgreens usually has an in store coupon book every month. Just walk in and pick up a couple at their ad stand. Most drugstores have special offers with catalinas(coupons that print at the register for your next purchase). Catalinas are great ways to stack savings!

Many stores now have their weekly ads on their websites. This is where I get my weekly Kroger ad. Of course you also want to use Kroger.com to load electronic coupons on your Kroger card! Another great site to load coupons directly to your card is Cellfire.com. You just set up an account with your loyalty card and click to add!

Also many large chains ve coupon policies available on their websites. It's good to be familiar with the policy of each store. You may even want to print a copy to carry with you in case store employees aren't well trained on the policy. For example, Walgreens policy allows you to use one Walgreens coupon PLUS one manufactor coupon per item purchased. Good to know for stacking!

Hook up your computer printer and check out Coupons.com, redplum.com, and smartsource.com for great printable coupons! They add to their databases often, so check back often. Save ink and only print ones you really think you will use though!

All you magazine is a fabulous coupon resource! Pick up the magazine at WalMart or get a subscription. Each issue is full of coupons. Also check out their website where they often have printable coupons available.

I think being organized is a key. Keep your coupons organized by catergory. Be sure to read your coupon carefully and check the expiration date. Get a good idea of "regular" prices on your favorite items so you will know when a "sale" price is really a deal! Also taking a game plan and list into the store with you helps you to get the best price AND to cut down on impulse spending. My list usually looks like:

Red Baron pan pasta or pizza $3.99- $1 x 3
Item sale price-coupon x number I plan to buy

Check Facebook for your favorite products. Many of them offer special coupons periodically. Also websites for the product can score you some sweet coupons!

Don't be afraid to look for other bloggers as well! Some of my favorites are The Frugal Free Gal and Feeding Four!

Happy couponing!

1 comment:

  1. I have to say while I am totally impressed and consider myself an organized person, even thinking about doing this just seems overwhelming. I like the way you approach it as if it is a goal to tackle (not surprising since I know you :) I do use the Kroger online coupons, since they e-mail me the weekly ad and all I have to do is select and load to my card.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!