And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Midweek Belly Laugh

The kids and I were having an early supper today. The hubby was working late, and we were finishing things up so we could head to church. Speedy got up to go to the restroom. I saw him stop in the hall but didn't think much about it until he began SCREAMING. Not like a little yell but one of those truly TERRIFIED horror moving screams. When I looked at him I saw something run across the floor. All I could think was "What in the world?!?!?!?" I was saying "What is it? Are you hurt? What's wrong?" but he couldn't even answer me. It only took a moment for me to realize what had happened, but he was really frightened. He was trembling and couldn't stop crying and screaming. There was a lizard in the floor. It had ran under a toy gun on the floor. Apple was jumping around behind me trying to get in on the action. I was glad she was there because she had to help me catch the thing. I think the funniest thing about her was she kept saying "Aw it's harmless. It's no big deal. It's harmless." I finally turned around and told her to pick it up if it was so harmless. HA! She was backing away then!

Anyway I managed to scoop it up in a box while she picked up the gun and Speedy screamed and trembled. I then shook him back out into the fish tank. You see he was not a lizard but a salamander that Hubby put in our fish tank a few weeks ago. He has been living pretty contentedly with the fish and crawfish (also put in by Hubby) all this time. However this morning Speedy kept telling me the salamander was stuck in the tank but everytime I looked in, he was swimming around. Evidently he went up through the filter pipe and escaped. As my friend Sherri pointed out, perhaps he watched "Finding Nemo" to get escape (read E-Scap-A) plans!

Anyway as he was reattempting his escape earlier, he has been put back into the little creek from which he originally came. No longer in the house!

Later after Speedy finally began breathing normally again, I asked him what happened. He said "I fought (thought) it was dat (that) purple toy lizard we keep upstairs. I was gonna pick him up and stretch his tail like we do. When I went to touch him, he moved. Deen (Then) I screamed cause it scared me!"

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!