And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Whats Cooking Thursday~ Salsa Chicken


Feeding Four What's Cooking Thursday

So I had decided to make rotel chicken for dinner tonight. Quick, easy & really good right? However when I opened up my cabinent..... I was out of rotel!!! Oh no!! I have been so busy stockpiling and doing deals that I have ONLY been buying items we really needed or items that are on mega sale. Sooooo lots of Velveeta but no rotel. Well I improvised.

1 lg pack boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/2 Jar Pace salsa
1/2 block Velveeta
Tortilla chips

Baked the chicken 40 minutes at 400 (they were thick pcs). While that was cooking I cubed the velveeta and melted in the microwave with the salsa. When the chicken was completely cooked, I cut it into small chunks. Put a layer of chips on each plate. Top with chicken and cover with velveeta mix. Totally unhealthy and seriously tasty! Also inexpensive as I had gotten the chips, salsa, and velveeta at very good prices in the last 2 weeks.

Happy eating!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious!
    Blessings,
    Wendy
    Faith's Firm Foundation
    www.wendygunn.net

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!