And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Little Switch= BIG Difference



The little switch that has made a big difference in my marriage recently has been our nightly "dates." About a month ago, the hubby and I began watching our favorite show together on Netflix. Without talking about it, it became a habit. Once we put the kids down for bedtime, we both head to the couch and flip it on. We usually have a snack and just enjoy 45 mins to an hour and a half together. That's either one or two episodes. It depends on what time we sit down as to how many we watch.

I am a person that has a hard time sitting still. I'm always thinking of all the things I need to be doing. This time together felt a little forced at first. I trouble letting go of the dishes in the sink or the laundry. However as the nights passed, it became easier and easier. Now this little time together is something that I look forward to all day.

I honestly think it has made me more productive. Now that I know I cam look forward to the break, I don't take little breaks all day long. I work on the house and other things during the day so I'm ready when Netflix time rolls around. I sure am glad we picked a television show with lots of seasons! We won't be running out of episodes anytime soon! The great thing about Netflix is there are tons of series to watch if we do ever finish this one!

Which show is it, you ask? Well I'll give you a little hint......it's all about Stabler, Benson, Munch, and Tutu! The theme is related to the hubby's line of work.......And it's a fantastic show! We both have always liked these kinds of dramas! We do make an exception on Monday night. Instead of Netflix we watch Castle on ABC. That's our second favorite show together!


So I'd like to encourage you to make a date with your husband! Every night in fact! These dates don't cost us anything, we don't even have to find a babysitter. It's a great way for us to feel connected and make sure that we spend time together without the kids. Even though this was an accidental little switch, it has made the biggest difference for us!

About Cottonelle


The Cottonelle brand provides innovative comfort solutions for perineal personal care. Cottonelle toilet paper is available in three forms: Cottonelle Ultra toilet paper, Cottonelle Aloe & E toilet paper, and Cottonelle Premium toilet paper. To help people feel cleaner and fresher than with toilet paper alone, Cottonelle offers Cottonelle Fresh Flushable Moist Wipes and Cottonelle SoothingClean Flushable Moist Wipes enriched with Aloe & E.



More info about the Cottonelle Ultra Switch: http://www.cottonelleultraswitch.com/





I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Cottonelle blogging program, for a gift card worth $25. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

2 comments:

  1. aw...that's so cool what you and your hubby are doing! It's not good to be busy all the time...so glad you made that little change!
    I secretly made a few small changes while mine was gone on his trip. We'll see how it works out and if he notices improvements. :o)

    Oh...cottonelle rocks. :o)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!