And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Mix Plates

So I always enjoy seeing all the Muffin Tin Monday posts on other blogs. Unfortunately all our muffin tins are HUGE (way too big for lunch)! I've even priced muffin tins several times for the sole purpose of doing muffin tin Mondays however muffin tins are EXPENSIVE! So........a few weeks ago we began having mixed plates for lunch.

Let me give you a little background. Speedy doesn't eat. He doesn't enjoy eating. I think it stems mostly from the fact that he doesn't enjoy sitting. He is picky but more than that he just doesn't like to eat. I've worried over, bugged my pediatrician about it, bugged my friends and family about it. There isn't any cure to non eating. He is perfectly healthy, just a little on the scrawny side. So anyway other than Pediasure Sidekicks, I have to find ways to get calories in the boy. Welcome mix plates.....

He has never liked his food to touch so we have several of the divided plates. One day I only had a little of something I thought they would like so I split it onto 2 divided plates and filled the rest of the sections with a variety of foods. I orginally tried to call them variety plates but the kids changed the name to mix plates. They both just asked for a mix plate for lunch.

Here's a picture of a random one:

That day it was Double Noodle soup, Wheat Thins Stix, yogurt, and Dole Fruit Crisps Pear/ Apple. This has been a great way for me to get fruits and veggies in their lunches, give them a variety of foods, and use up some things that might have gone to waste otherwise! Lots of days have had servings of leftovers from the night before. Speedy is more interested in eating these lunches because it has lots of choices and nothing touches!

Anyway just wanted to give everyone an alternative to Muffin Tin Mondays or boring lunches! BTW another great way to do these would be in our Easy Lunchboxes! That is a product I love and that some of you have asked me about at playdates! A great way to take a mix plate on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!