And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Friday, June 24, 2011

Cars 2


Speedy's birthday is coming up so we HAD to go see Cars 2 today! I thought you might like to know what we thought of it! Well Apple REALLY liked it! She hasn't been to the movies in awhile so this was a BIG deal for her! She loved that Finn McMissile is "always prepared." She said that through the whole movie. Speedy also enjoyed it. He thought Mater was hilarious! He did at the end say that he thought Kung Fu Panda 2 was a better movie.

I enjoyed the movie! It kept the kids interested and had an intriguing enough storyline to keep me involved. The orginal Cars was very original and one that we watch over and over. Cars 2 moved well away from the initial storyline but did have many remnants of other movies and storylines involved. The animation was very exciting during several action scenes. Pixar never fails to amaze me with what they can recreate in cartoon format. There were a few twists and turns to keep me guessing.

Okay for the downers: I really wish children's movies wouldn't have "drinking" and "gambling" scenes. They are in many of them, including Toy Story 3 and Cars 2. They are unnecessary. They could have been completely left out and wouldn't have altered the story in anyway. I don't need there to be a Cocktail-esque scene in a movie my kid is watching. Okay rant finished. That was it, the only negative I saw.

So I recommend it! My kids recommend it! It's a fun summer movie!


I was in no way compensated for this review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!