And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, June 13, 2011

Review: Bombus The Bumblebee



Bombus the Bumblebee make you want to pick up a bumblebee & give him a big hug! Bombus has an identity crisis because of some unkind words from some honeybees. Bombus doubts God's purpose for him, but God reminds him the He always knows best! The story reminded me of the Hermie books and Bee Movie came to mind more than once. This is a story that can open up several spiritual and emotional discussions with your child. Simple enough for my 3 year old to understand but deep enough to catch my 6 year old's attention, this is a fabulous book! The illustrations are eye catching and the information in the back makes it a fabulous homeschool edition! Learn all about bumblebees and how they fly with the extra info at the end. There are also discussion questions to open up a dialogue with your child about self- confidence and seeking God's purpose. There are even activity and craft ideas that would make this an excellent read in children's ministry! The activities are simple but effective and one or two would be perfect for a Sunday School or children's church service! I was excited to see that there are 2 other Bombus books available and I will be checking those out! So if you are always looking to add Christian based fiction books for your child (I know I am!), or if you'd like a homeschool unit on bumblebees (Bombus is the scientific name for bumblebees) then check out Bombus the Bumblebee!


I received this book from New Leaf Publishing for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own and are not influenced by the author or publisher.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carter or do you prefer Chaos?,

    I just stumbled across your blog. I also received and reviewed Bombus. It was a great little book. I started following your blog as well.

    My blog is Manifest Blog if you're interested. My most recent post is about a new book I read called Ronnie Wilson's Gift. Highly recommended if you haven't read it yet.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!