And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

10 Tips for Making Life Easier and More Efficient #officiallatte

So who doesn't need to save time? Time is valuable and at an all time demand! Our lives have been so CRAZY and hectic this summer that I have come up with several tips for saving time and especially adding to your efficiency in the day!

  1. Lay out clothes, shoes, and items you need to take with you the night before. I put out outfits down to the shoes for myself and Apple and Speedy. I also have a central location where I keep my purse, library books, mail, or anything else that needs to leave the house with me.
  2. Keep your coupons organized! Pick an hour or so each week to cut coupons, organize them, and check ads. That way you can see what you have right away!
  3. Make a list. Make a list. Make a list. Make a shopping list, a meal list, an errands list. Sure it takes a few minutes to make a list but it will save you TONS of time in the long run.
  4. Use your calendar. I use the one in my smartphone so I don't forget anything I need to do! Otherwise I'd miss all my doctor and hair appointments and then I'd have to waste time making new ones!
  5. I also have a list for chores. I rarely have a whole day to clean the house so I have broken down my daily cleaning chores so that everything gets clean at least once a week! Ex. Monday-Vacuum & Dust, Tuesday- Sweep & Mop, etc.
  6. I live on the outskirts of town so I lump all my errands together as much as I can. We drive to the main part of town on Wednesday nights for church so I hit Target or any other places in that area before church. Less trips= less time
  7. Decide what's really important. The best way to save time is to cut down on your activities. Are all those committees and meetings still important to you or have you outgrown them? Learn to say no and to prioritize!
  8. Relax..... seems like it doesn't fit in this list doesn't it? But it does. If you are always rushing and always distracted you will be totally inefficient and everything will take twice as long! Carve out a little time each day to sit down, put your feet up, and read a book, chat with your spouse, or watch a favorite TV show. You will do better than if you work 24/7!
  9. Organize! If you can't find the dish you need or your favorite top, you are going to waste time looking. Take time to put everything in its place and it will save you lots of time.
  10. Utilize the internet to do your banking, pay bills, or shop. This will help you to save time in the car, or errands, or running around trying to shop with kids! Use the internet to its full potential to save more time!

One more way to save time, try Seattle's Best new canned coffees. Grab a latte from the fridge on your way out the door! No lines, no waiting just flavor and portability! Try them now with this Save $1.50 on a 4 pk today! coupon!



“I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Seattle’s Best Coffee blogging program for a gift card worth $30. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”

1 comment:

  1. Great tips! I don't know how I lived without on-line bill pay! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!