And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

2011-2012 Curriculum

I have updated our curriculum page above. The main resources we will be using for this school year are listed there for each child. I have put a lot more time into planning for Apple this go round. I still don't feel totally prepared because all of our tools are new for she & I this time! In her case the comfort of Hooked on Phonics and giant workbooks are gone.

Our main selections with her will be Math U See Beta and textbooks! I ordered many textbooks to supplement extra subjects with her. Math U See is new for us this year but I am excited about it! She does so well with video format and because it is not a spiral curriculum I think she will do well! We are also going to be alternating Living Literature Grammer and Language Arts (Click for my review) and the Little House on the Prairie series. She's already begun Little House in the Big Woods. For the first few chapters I had her give me an oral synopsis at the end of each chapter. Now she is writing 2-3 sentences about each chapter in her notebook.

For Speedy the main goal will be letter and number recognition and beginning writing. He has worked on some of his Hooked on Phonics PreK this summer and he will continue with it (hopefully at a faster pace). We will also reinforce phone number, address, colors, shapes, and beginning addition and subraction. I am hoping he will get interested in writing! Thankfully his work does not require much planning at this point!

Are you excited about any new curriculum you will be implementing this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!