- The beautiful water and long stretches of sandy beach look amazing! What a great place to play in the surf, take in the sun, relax and enjoy some laughs with the family. Making sandcastles, flying a kite, shooting water guns, they can all happen at Virginia Beach!
- There is a fantastic looking aquarium there! You know I am all about sneaking in some homeschool everywhere we go and Virginia Beach would be no exception! Aquariums are a great place to get some science knowledge up close and personal!
- I found another homeschool field trip to sneak in as well! There is a Military Aviation Museum! Now that would be right up Speedy's aisle and they wouldn't even realize all the social studies they would be learning!
- I've wanted to take the kids to a water park now that they are older and Ocean Breeze Waterpark sounds like a winner! What kid wouldn't love a four slide complex overlooking the beach?
- Mini golf all around! Always a perfect distraction in the middle of vacation!
- There are boat tours for fishing and dolphin boat cruises! The fishing would keep hubby happy while a dolphin cruise would be another terrific lesson for Apple and Speedy!
- I don't know about you but I love to shop on vacation! I wouldn't be disappointed in VA beach!
- Fantastic accommodations whether you want a condo, a hotel, or a house to rent they can all be found in VA beach. We usually choose a condo at the beach so we can all be comfortable and we aren't disturbing someone next to us or under us like we would in a hotel.
- Really exploring any new place is always an adventure. Just going to a new city and seeing what they have to offer is half the fun!
- My friends Betty and Rusty are from there. I'd love to go with them and get a real tour of the area! Betty says the area is fantastic and I trust her judgement! I'm sure she could show me some fantastic local restaurants to try!
So if you haven't been on vacation this year and you are looking for a great family getaway, give Virginia Beach a try! If I haven't convinced you, check out the tourism website at http://www.visitvirginiabeach.com/visitors/!
“I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Virginia Beach Tourism blogging program, for a gift card worth $40. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”