And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Laying on the sand watching the surf roll in...... #VirginiaBeach

Sigh...... I wish I was back at the beach! I love going early in the year to beat the crowds but by midsummer I'm longing to be back in my beach chair! After checking out http://www.visitvirginiabeach.com/visitors/ I'm longing to be in Virginia Beach! I've never been but this looks like a fabulous family getaway!

  • The beautiful water and long stretches of sandy beach look amazing! What a great place to play in the surf, take in the sun, relax and enjoy some laughs with the family. Making sandcastles, flying a kite, shooting water guns, they can all happen at Virginia Beach!
  • There is a fantastic looking aquarium there! You know I am all about sneaking in some homeschool everywhere we go and Virginia Beach would be no exception! Aquariums are a great place to get some science knowledge up close and personal!
  • I found another homeschool field trip to sneak in as well! There is a Military Aviation Museum! Now that would be right up Speedy's aisle and they wouldn't even realize all the social studies they would be learning!
  • I've wanted to take the kids to a water park now that they are older and Ocean Breeze Waterpark sounds like a winner! What kid wouldn't love a four slide complex overlooking the beach?
  • Mini golf all around! Always a perfect distraction in the middle of vacation!
  • There are boat tours for fishing and dolphin boat cruises! The fishing would keep hubby happy while a dolphin cruise would be another terrific lesson for Apple and Speedy!
  • I don't know about you but I love to shop on vacation! I wouldn't be disappointed in VA beach!
  • Fantastic accommodations whether you want a condo, a hotel, or a house to rent they can all be found in VA beach. We usually choose a condo at the beach so we can all be comfortable and we aren't disturbing someone next to us or under us like we would in a hotel.
  • Really exploring any new place is always an adventure. Just going to a new city and seeing what they have to offer is half the fun!
  • My friends Betty and Rusty are from there. I'd love to go with them and get a real tour of the area! Betty says the area is fantastic and I trust her judgement! I'm sure she could show me some fantastic local restaurants to try!


So if you haven't been on vacation this year and you are looking for a great family getaway, give Virginia Beach a try! If I haven't convinced you, check out the tourism website at http://www.visitvirginiabeach.com/visitors/!





“I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Virginia Beach Tourism blogging program, for a gift card worth $40. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!