- I don't like needles so I was on the verge of a panic attack for 24 hours before until 15 minutes AFTER the visit was over.
- When I walked in EVERYONE else was over 70.
- The oldest lady sitting directly behind me was attempting to cough up a lung on the waiting room floor.
- One unwashed young lady came in (evidently a driver for her grandma) and proceeded to take up 2 chairs and literally lay down and nap.
- All the magazines were AARP and Healthy Senior.
- The doctor commented on how cool and collected I was. Do I have kids? Evidently old folks are a rowdy bunch if she thought I was cool and collected!!!
- The picture of the beach on the ceiling was actually relaxing. And it was quiet in there.......
- As long as I wasn't looking at the needles, I had no desire to pass out. I just stared at the beach the whole time. I was a little disappointed when it was over.
- While the three biopsy spots are a little sore, they aren't any worse than the normal aches and pains I have from 2 kids jumping all over me.
So while I am apprehensive about another birthday, maybe it won't be so bad. Maybe like my trip to the doctor, the anticipation will be worse than the actual event. Maybe I'll appear cool and collected even if I don't feel that way on the inside!