And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Review: The Family Illustrated Bible



The Family Illustrated Bible arrived at our door last week! My kids squealed and grabbed for it as soon as I opened the package! Our children LOVE LOVE LOVE to receive new Bibles. They get passed back and forth between their rooms as the fight over them. It's one thing I'm glad they are both eager to get their hands on!

Speedy loves the illustrations in this Bible. From the front cover to the resources in the back the pictures draw you in. There are a variety of styles from cartoon to realistic and color to black and white. Even the gold gilded page edges invite you to read the passages and relive the stories.

Apple is enjoying the words and reading. From highlighted verses to historic facts to well known and loved Bible tales, this beautiful book contains them all. There is a table of contents, an index and a section of resources including People of the Old Testament and People of the New Testament.

I enjoy Bibles like this for day to day Bible reading and for homeschool. Apple and Speedy have their own devotional books that we use during school time but I love to pull out devotional Bibles and children's Bibles to change things up a bit or to explore more about a specific verse or story. I like that the Bible references are right at the top of each page for reference purposes.

As far as for other families, this Bible is aimed at older children. The stories are fairly verbose and the language isn't going to be exciting for your toddler. New readers woud have some difficulty studying these passages on their own. However this Bible is fabulous and I would recommend it! I remember having a HUGE Children's Bible at my Grandma's house when I was a little girl and I would flip through it often. The drawings in this Bible remind me a lot of the ones in my old one. This would be great for a grandparents or favorite aunt's house as well!

I received this book from New Leaf Publishing for the purpose of review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!