And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Friday, July 29, 2011

Review: Harvest of Grace


The Harvest of Grace by Cindy Woodsmall is the third installment of The Ada's House Novels. I didn't realize this when I choose it. I generally prefer to read series in order. Thankfully Ms. Woodsmall gave a very handy history of the series at the beginning of the book. It was not hard to get into the story and get a good idea of everyone's history, but I look forward to getting the first two and delving into those.

I enjoyed this Amish love story. Sylvia leaves her Amish settlement and her family after a very difficult and embarrassing situation. Aaron has been away from his Amish family undergoing rehab for alcoholism and now he's ready to go home to help his parents. They find themselves together on Aaron's family farm. Sylvia is not a traditional Amish girl. She loves dairy farming and is determined to make the farm profitable. Aaron hasn't enjoyed farming in a long time and he wants the farm sold and a new path in life. Through ups and downs, ins and outs Aaron and Sylvia find some common ground in their uncommon lives.

I enjoyed this read. It was a good fiction story. There has been a recent crop of Amish documentarys, stories, and more recently. I am entrigued by the Amish was of life and enjoy reading about them in fiction and nonfiction form. If you love a gentle love story, pick up The Harvest of Grace!

I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review. All opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower! I hope you'll visit me at www.weidknecht.com!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi just calling by whilst blog hopping. Now following. Great review. I have always admired the Amish way of life. I think they have the right idea. Be sure to come by and say hi. http://www.acceptingandembracingautism.com/ Sarah

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!