And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Parents- Do You Need Some Encouragement and a Laugh?



Pam Vredevelt brings us Espresso for Your Spirit. Divided into 28 short chapters, these can be completed alone or as a group (there are group questions available for each chapter). These are short enough that you could do one a day, one a week, or just one when you need a pick me up. Each chapter has a Bible verse, with an encouraging short story, and a page with funny tidbits. The book is terrific. Each story is easy to relate to, easy to understand, and encouraging to any parent!

As a stay at home mom, homeschooling 2 kiddos, with a hubby that works very hard for us and is away from home many hours everyday, working part time from home, and blogging along with maintaining friendships and family obligations, I get TIRED (I'm sure you never do though, right?). Often I need some encouragement and a good laugh. Just a little story to remind me that other parents endure these same things we endure is often enough to get me through to bedtime. Combining that with a refreshing memory verse and a Christian perspective, makes it terrific!

I have been reading one of these a night after my regular Bible reading. I plan to finish these out and then maybe I will get one of Pam Vredevelt's other Espresso books. And the lady LOVES coffee- that just completes it! Get your copy of Espresso for Your Spirit, you will thank me later!




I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!