And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Sunday, August 28, 2011

You Know You've Settled into Motherhood When..........


You know you've settled into "real" motherhood when:

  • Sleep would make a great gift. "No honey no jewelry for me this year, can I just have a 2 hour nap?"
  • You've given up on the idea of privacy in the bathroom "No dear mommy can't read you a book while I'm in the shower"
  • Relatives no longer acknowledge you at gatherings because they are too busy greeting and playing with your kids. This was an actual phone call from my grandad "Honey I meant to hug you goodbye but I forgot when I was playing with the kids."
  • Eating warm food is a rare occurence.
  • You can make a cup of coffee, pour cereal, answer the phone, make your hubby's lunch, and brush your teeth all at one time.
  • You call your children by the wrong name.
  • You occasionally forget your own name and age.
  • You can turn ANYTHING into a song. "This is the way we put on our shirt, put on our shirt, put on our shirt."
  • Dropping your kids off in the church nursery feels a little like a vacation.
  • You've turned up the car radio to drown out crying and fighting in the backseat.
  • You've said "Because I said so." And meant it........
  • You make a list of things you need to make a list of. 1. Make a grocery list 2. Make an errand list 3. Make a To Do list
  • Christmas feels more like a chore than a magical, enjoyable holiday
  • Poop no longer freaks you out
  • You realize that having extra kids around actually gives you time to yourself
  • Fashion has taken a back seat and now you just make sure you don't stink before you leave the house
  • You say "No" more than 50 times a day
  • You remind yourself of your mother.

6 comments:

  1. LOL!!! I just did the radio one recently and felt horrible about it, but sometimes you can't pull over and you can't shout them down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very true these statements are! The having extra kids around giving you more time alone is one a non mom can't quite understand, but it's my favorite tactic. Everybody's happy! Stopping by to say hello from the Monday Alexa hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Kelly.... we all do it. Sometimes you have to! Thanks for stopping by Thrifty Texas Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAAA! These are all so true. Love the one "Dropping your kids off in the church nursery feels a little like a vacation." I have said this to my husband many times : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can turn ANYTHING into a song. "This is the way we put on our shirt, put on our shirt, put on our shirt."

    As a teacher, I did this a lot before my son was born but now that he is here -- watch out world! I sing most everything and I'm sure a lot of people think I'm crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay now this hilariously true!! Thanks for the great post! Thanks for stopping by! http://www.peacelovepoop.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!