And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Blessings For Your Little One



Bedtime books are always the best! My children still love for us to read to them and now that we no longer do it every single night they find it even more special! When they were very little they loved hard books, those with hard covers and hard pages. They could haul them around and flip through them over and over without tearing them up! Night Night Blessings by Amy Parker is one of those great hard books!

Right from the start, the beautiful illustrations by Marihan Ramlijak are striking! I can see young children rubbing their chubby hands over the pages taking in the pancakes, playmates, and ponies! The book is a great little prayer for your toddler. Although at times the rhyming seems a bit awkward, the words are sweet and simple. The imagination could go wild delving into the character's day of pets, play, and pastimes. This is not a deep Christian novel for your child but a simple prayer from the perspective of a young one. What a great way to introduce your children to prayers of thanksgiving!

I would recommend this book as a night night story for babies through toddlers. For our children, especially at the toddler stage, bedtime was a long routine of bathtime, storytime, and prayer. Try including this one in your own family routine! I can't wait to give it as a Christmas gift to one of my favorite little people!

For more information see http://www.thomasnelson.com/consumer/product_detail.asp?sku=9781400318254.


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!