And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Finally.......

Apple got her first teeth really, really late when she was a baby. She ate steak and everything else completely toothless because she didn't get her first teeth until she was over 11 months old. Yes.... I said first teeth. That's because she didn't get 1 tooth at a time. She got 4, then 4 more, then 4 more, then the last 4. She didn't even get her 2 yr molars until after she turned 3. The dentists and dental assistants we spoke with all said it was genetic and that Daddy or I must've gotten our teeth really late. Nope we got them around 6 months. The dentists and dental assistants also said subsequent kids would be late teethers. Imagine my surprise when Speedy popped out his first one at 6 months!

So over the last year to two years, all of her friends and cousins have been losing teeth. She has been bemoaning her full set of teeth all this time. Her teeth finally began getting loose about 2 months ago. We have pushed, pulled, waited, yanked, and tried to get them out. She got bumped in the mouth by her brother a week or so ago and I almost lost my lunch! Her top ones were bleeding and one was all crooked. I half heartedly tried to pull it but couldn't quite stomach it. Yesterday we spent the day with one of my besties and she tried all day to get one out! There were 4 loose ones, 2 on top and 2 on bottom. We got up this morning and they were still loose but not coming out. Well at lunch today Nonna finally yanked one out! Apple is so proud! I'm so grossed out! HA!


I'm sure the other 3 loose ones will be coming out soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!