And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Sunday, September 11, 2011

I'll Never Forget......



I'll never forget the events of September 11, 2001.....

It was a different sort of morning for us from the start. My husband and I were sharing a home with my mom and stepdad. Hubby was working out of town. Every morning Mom and I would have a cup of coffee together and watch the news. That day for no particular reason we never turned the television on. As I walked to my car to head to work the meter reader told me that one of the World Trade Center towers had been hit by a plane. I rode to work listening to all the confusing information on the radio. When I got to work we had auditors in the office. We were all a little shocked and confused. We rolled the old television with no cable to the front and picked up a news channel. We watched in horror as the next few events unfolded. We saw the second tower get hit, we watched the buildings fall, we heard about flight 93 and the Pentagon....... and we cried.

Thank you to first responders everywhere. Thank you to men and women in all different uniforms that serve this nation in so many ways. Thank you American men and women who love and support our country and go unnoticed everyday.

God bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!