And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Friday, September 16, 2011

Wanna Make Your Own Unique Burgers?







I received this nifty little container of Skillet Bacon Jam (Skillet Bacon Spread) to review. It's quite unique looking. It was very hot out the day it arrived and so that day it was liquified in the container. When I opened it up to use it this evening though it had solidified.


I wasn't really sure what I should do with this concoction so I was glad it came with an insert of suggestions! The product description reads:

what is skillet bacon jam?
we make this bacon spread condiment called bacon jam..you say what?.. that’s right, we use niman ranch bacon and render it down along with onions, balsamic and other spices . It cooks for several hours until it is a perfect blend of smoky, tangy, savory and slightly sweet….basically spreadable bacony goodness! USDA approved.

more information is available at www.skilletbaconjam.com or contact eat@skilletstreetfood.com
It has a unique smell for sure! One of the suggested uses was in burgers. Easy enough, right? So I pulled out some hamburger meat and fired up the grill. Is that cheating since it's called "skillet" bacon jam? Here is what the burgers looked like with the condiment all mixed in:





Hubby cooked them up for us. Once they were done, the burgers definately had a smoky smell to them. The Skillet Bacon Jam gave the burgers a ribbon of bacon and carmelized onion flavor throughout the patty. It was pleasant! We don't regularly put bacon on burgers we make at home but we do put onions on them often. The flavor wasn't overwhelming so it was very enjoyable. I think it would also be a pleasant addition to pork, maybe on a tenderloin or pork chop.


So if you'd like to try this new condiment to add to your next meal, you can order online from their website www.skilletbaconjam.com. This would make a great Christmas gift for that person on your list that has everything! It would also be fantastic for any experimental cooks in your family!




I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!