And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Perks

I was recently given a fantastic perk from Klout and Ecomom. I received a $25 credit and I flew straight over to their site to choose my perk! I was excited to see many familiar brands and good prices. I choose a Piggy Paint gift set. I'm quickly amassing Christmas gifts! There were so many wonderful Piggy Paint sets that it was hard to choose! I did make a choice though and was please that my perk covered shipping and handling as well.

I opened the door today and was surprised to see a box from Ecomom! I only ordered 6 days ago and it was already here! I was a little puzzled by the size of the box though. I thought wow that set must have been bigger than I thought! I opened the box and pulled out a HUGE wad of paper. Hmm.... all that was under it was another HUGE wad of paper. Was the nail polish under the paper? No. It was wrapped up in the midst of the 2nd HUGE wad of paper. Glad it didn't get lost!

Now maybe it's just me but this seems like a whole lot of packaging for that little tiny gift set of polish. Don't get me wrong, I'm super glad that my nail polish wasn't broken when it arrived, but this seems like serious overkill. Not great for a company with "Eco" in the name because eco says eco-friendly to me, and this ain't it! Even if I give the benefit of the doubt that this is all recycled packaging (and I don't think it is) this is still wasteful.

Ecomom, please re-evaluate your packaging and shipping materials.

(Totally pleased with every other aspect of your company!!!)

I was given a free product or sample because I'm a Klout influencer. I was under no obligation to receive the sample or talk about this company. I get no additional benefits for talking about the product or company.                       

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!