And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Friday, November 18, 2011

Brrrrr!!!

It is coooold in TN this morning! Theres frost on the ground and a chill in the air! I can't complain too much because it's been unseasonable warm lately. However I have such a hard time getting into the holiday spirit when the weather isn't right. One of my favorite cold weather treats is hot drinks. In the winter we drink coffee (of course), hot tea, and hot chocolate by the bucketfuls. I love a good hot drink when I'm coming in from the cold outside. I had a special winter coffee drink at my favorite coffeehouse yesterday afternoon. It was so good, but pricey. The local coffeehouse is pretty far from my house and the cost makes them a rare treat. What do I do all the days between?

I make some great coffee at home in my Keurig. I love my coffeemaker! I can get TONS of varieties of coffees and other hot drinks. I complete everyone with a splash of liquid Coffeemate. Coffeemate comes in so many different flavors as well. I can get my favorite holiday flavors like Peppermint Mocha and Pumpkin Spice. The different flavors of creamer are so fun to mix and match with the different flavors of coffee. I've found some GREAT combinations like Gingerbread coffee with Honey Vanilla Creme creamer! FANTASTIC! I save so much money making coffee drinks at home and I save time and gas! I also use Coffeemate to give my hot tea a little extra flavor.

To  make your own great coffee drinks at home to help you survive the cold weather, pick up some Coffeemate available in powder and liquid forms. Leave me a comment and tell me about your favorite cold weather drinks!


I'm a member of the Coffeemate Brew Crew. I receive points for activities like these.

3 comments:

  1. I'm considering taking up coffee. I've been a coke zero girl for many years, but, it's just not good for you. I might be able to "taper off" it with a bit of coffee - not quite as bad for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the best $15 investment when I bought a battery powered milk frother. Being able to froth milk or cream makes my coffee at home so much more special. I hate having to drive to that coffee place. AND did you know you can froth Coffee Mate? I tried that this week and it worked really well. It's not quite as foamy as milk, but pretty good. This isn't the exact one I have, I think mine came from Target but it's nearly identical. http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/product-reviews/appliances/milk-frother-reviews/milk-frothers#slide-1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelli-I'm a diet soda drinker too but I have to have my coffee in the morning and about mid afternoon. I really need to give up soda all together too!

    Joanna- Oooh I will need to check out that frother! That's awesome!

    As a member of the Brew Crew, I love sharing my opinions and ideas with COFFEE-MATE! I'd like to give you the chance to do the same, by following this link (team.coffee-mate.com/friends). And to say thank you for sharing, you'll receive a coupon!"

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!