And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Princess Apple

If you've been reading my blog any length of time at all you know that 6 yr old Apple fancies herself a little princess and she LOVES to read. She absorbs written words as though they were food to her soul. As an avid reader myself, I can attest that good books can be food to the mind and soul! When I say Sheri Rose Shepherd's new book His Little Princess: Treasure Letters From Your King, I knew Apple would want to read it. I didn't expect it to be such a wonderful treasure!

The idea of princesses is becoming overused to an extent. Princesses are a HOT trend right now and it seems as though there are princess themed everythings! We try not to overincourage the princess idea with Apple because....well because she can be quite the diva and it isn't always lovely and cute. This book however does NOT emphasize a demanding diva who gets all her wishes. No no! This lovely read is letters "from the King." Little letters to encourage your princess to dwell righteously in the eyes of God. Each letter is mirrored by a pray for your princess to pray. Both the letters and the prayers reflect teachings from the Bible and will encourage your daughter while teaching her or reminding her of God's commandments.



With 50 letters and responses, your daughter can reread these words again and again. Apple has seen the book but I haven't let her begin reading it yet. I'm going to encourage her to put it on her nightstand and read a letter and prayer every morning before she gets out of bed. What a wonderful resource to help her begin having a private morning devotion!

I received this book from Waterbrook Multnomah for the purpose of this review. I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!