And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Visual Carnival (Calling all Cooks)

Have you tried Pinterest? I'm in love. I'm a very visual person and I like to do things quickly, Pinterest satisfies both. Basically you open your page and see all sorts of pictures. Each picture is then linked to the person's board that pinned it. Click again and you go to the original page. If you are crafty, there's tons of stuff for you. If you like style or design ideas, get to looking! If you like to cook...... oh. my. goodness. There is SO much AWESOME stuff!

The ones that pop out are the fantastic pictures that link you to amazing recipes! Keep looking and you will find TERRIFIC cooking tips. Seriously. I have so many cool recipes pinned that I can't wait to try! For my first Pinterest recipe, I decided to try this Oreo mini-Cheesecake recipe (Thanks FormulaMom!). First to crunch up the Oreos, I used a tip I had found on Pinterest. The tip was "to make shredded chicken like restaurants use in their recipes, use the paddle on your KitchenAid mixer. Put the cooked boneless chicken in while still warm and turn on."

This is what the paddle attachment looks like:





So I thought, wow if it'll shred chicken, I wonder if it will crunch Oreos?


Heck yea it did! In seconds! I was so excited! So the mini Oreo cheesecakes were FAB.U.LOUS! I can't wait to make them again! And for dinner.......


I decided I better try shredding chicken. It works so well! I am kicking myself for standing around with 2 forks trying to shred chicken when I've had this mixer for like 5 years!!!!!

BTW I used the shredded chicken to make some great BBQ chicken. I put the already cooked, shredded chicken in the crockpot with a mix of BBQ sauce & Country Bob's. Then I put some onion in for extra flavor. Let it simmer on low until dinner time then served as sandwiches with mayo or ranch (depending on the family member). It was tasty and perfectly shredded!

PS Pinterest is still invite only right now. If you need an invite, send your email address to carterchaosblog@gmail.com and I will get ya one! :)


4 comments:

  1. I saw that pin about the chicken! I'm glad to know it works. I shredded chicken with two forks last night, so now I wish I had used my mixer. I definitely will next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't believe how well it worked! I was a doubter before I tried it. It's great! :) Now I'm all excited about my KitchenAid again. I don't have much counter space so I only pull it out for the holidays or big baking projects. I will be using it more now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Several friends have told me about Pinterest. I am looking forward to some quiet time this weekend to sort it out. (I have an invite). Seems interesting. I have to say, I did know about the mixer trick, but I have watched Martha Stewart's show every day for about 20 years so there aren't many kitchen tricks I don't know about. And I think the oreo cheese cake thingys could easily be adapted to a cake pop. I am obsessed with cake pops right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're gonna be addicted to Pinterest Jojo! Tons of cake pop stuff!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!