And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Balance

Ahh it is almost the New Year. I was really a grumpy person throughout the Christmas season this year. I just could not get into the spirit of things. I wanted Christmas to be over and done! I even took down the tree and all the decorations the day after Christmas. It felt so good to pack it all away. I hope this was just an off year for me and that in 2012 I will resume enjoying Christmas as my favorite time of year! Anyhow I am really looking forward to sweeping 2011 off my feet and embarking on a new year with new plans and goals!

My word for 2011 was purpose. Looking back over the year, I think we did a good job of being purposeful with our time and resources. We spent more quality time together and with others and we found activities that had a purpose other than pleasing us. We could have done more but purpose will continue to be a work in progress for us. I think our biggest accomplishment was letting go of several fluff activities and that gave us more time for purposeful activities. I also put a lot of purposeful planning into homeschool this year and it has really shown. Things have flowed smoothly even though we have become 3 in the schoolroom instead of just 2. I also "repurposed" some of the rooms and spaces into our home (like the schoolroom) and that has been a wonderful blessing to all of us

.

I have been praying and listening and waiting and God has given me my word for 2012. It will be balance. I am the serious parent, the one who stays on task and tries to keep everyone else there, the one that scoffs fun for responsibility. I need to better balance that. Fun activities can be purposeful and are important not only to my health and stress level but also to the other family members. This year I hope to balance some fun with our responsibilities and also to encourage the other members of the family to do the same.

Hubby and I have set some lofty New Years goals and we will both need lots of balance to accomplish them. We are coming up with a healthier eating plan for the whole family, and he and I both are setting a goal to lose 50 lbs each. It will not be easy but after losing 30 lbs 2 years ago, I know we can do it! We also have big plans of getting our finances in order and we are praying some big things to God for Him to help us succeed in that area. The economy issues have not been kind to us and after struggling for 3 years, we need God to intercede in that area.

Balance is an important goal in every area of life, we need to learn to be balanced in our temperments, our diets, our finances, and more. Balance is also necessary in our lives as we strive to serve the Lord while living in the world.

Are you making any goals for 2012?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!